The Chief Financial Officer is responsible for serving as the Bank’s lead financial executive overseeing and representing the Bank’s Finance Division and all financial and accounting operations of the Bank. The position is responsible for adhering to all related generally accepted accounting principles, tax and regulatory laws, rules and regulations to adequately and accurately reflect the financial position of the Bank at all times. Participates and assists the Bank in formulating and meeting its overall strategic business plans and goals, including the Bank’s capital plan; manages investments to meet liquidity and income producing objectives; conducts financial and management reporting; prepares forecasting and budgeting; plans, coordinates, and executes effective processes related to the Bank’s capital and asset and liability structure; develops, implements, and monitors accounting policies, procedures, practices and internal controls. Performs direct supervisory duties of department staff, and coordinates staff for coverage in all related areas of the department.
2. Participates and assists the Bank in formulating and meeting its overall strategic business plans and goals of the Company, including the Bank’s annual operating budget, capital plan and budget, and interest rate risk (IRR) strategy; at the direction of the President and CEO coordinates the preparation and execution of the Bank’s strategic business plan; develops strategies and tactical business plans to help achieve organizational objectives; participates in the development and implementation of both long- and short-range financial plans; recommends new efforts to improve ROE/ROA; determines the appropriate allocation of resources to ensure maximum profits commensurate with the best interests of shareholders, customers and employees; provides expert financial advice and input to the Board of Directors and Senior Management, contributing to their overall business planning strategy.
3. Serves on Bank’s Asset/Liability Committee (ALCO); coordinates the Bank’s asset/liability management programs to facilitate the assessment and control of interest rate risk and ensures compliance with Bank financial objectives.
4. Plans, coordinates, and executes effective processes related to the Bank’s capital and asset and liability structure; evaluates the structure, position and strategies in order to maximize the Bank’s interest margin and overall profitability while managing the Bank’s interest rate risk position in a safe and sound manner, including, but not limited to, the review of the Bank’s loan portfolio for pricing and maturity distribution, the review of the Bank’s investment portfolio to ensure adequate pre-purchase analysis is performed on all investment securities and that investments are performing as expected, the review of the Bank’s deposit pricing and maturity stratification, and that adequate liquidity is maintained via lines of credit or liquid investments.
5. Conducts financial and management reporting processes; prepares forecasting and budgeting plans; conducts regular and ad-hoc financial reporting as required by the Board of Directors, President and CEO, shareholders, and other members of Senior Management, including, but not limited to, production reporting, financial analysis at the product and cost center level, and expense control.
6. Develops, implements, and monitors accounting policies, procedures, practices and internal controls; establishes and maintains accounting, and fiscal controls and the preparation and interpretation of internal and external financial reports; conducts business line and product profitability analysis; works with appropriate members of Senior Management in the calculation and methodology of the Bank’s allowance for loan and lease losses (ALLL).
7. Oversees the preparation of all regulatory filings including quarterly Call Reports, tax filings, in addition to other reports that may be requested by various regulatory agencies.
8. Participates in the evaluation of potential merger and acquisition (M&A) candidates and coordinates the preparation of M&A financial projections.
9. Analyzes Bank operations to pinpoint opportunities and areas that need to be reorganized, down-sized, or eliminated.
10. Studies long-range economic trends and project company prospects for future growth in overall sales and market share, opportunities for acquisitions or expansion into new product areas; estimates requirements for capital, land, buildings, and an increase in the workforce.
11. Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control are maintained for the department and Bank; reviews, recommends and initiates corrective actions; oversees certification and audit activities for all branches and departments; and ensures department is in compliance with established Bank policies, procedures and state and federal regulations.
12. Reviews and approves invoices and checks prior to signature to ensure security of Bank funds.
13. Maintains advanced knowledge and awareness of financial industry status and trends.
14. Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
15. Provides supervision and support to all areas of the Division where service or assistance is needed; oversees activities of assigned Division personnel.
16. Monitors staff in daily tasks, operations and quality control; ensures the organization of assigned areas of the department, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
17. Consistently applies superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
18. Assumes responsibility for special projects; gathers data and prepares reports for the Board of Directors and other members of Senior Management, audits and other personnel.
19. Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned department staff through excellent coaching and communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross-trained staff.
20. Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment; supervises the daily activities of the department including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules and providing necessary training.
21. Other as assigned.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
$5B or larger bank financial executive experience.
FDICIA and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance.
Strategic planning and forecasting.
Core banking systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
First National Bankers Bank
Community banks throughout the United States turn to First National Bankers Bankshares, Inc. and its subsidiaries, First National Bankers Bank, FNBB Services Corp., FNBB Capital Markets, LLC and FNBB Insurance Agency, LLC for solid, reliable correspondent bank services. FNBB, Inc. has demonstrated its commitment to the future of community banking through investments in technology and programs that allow us to deliver an ever expanding range of services to the community banks we serve.
FNBB, Inc. is organized to be a profitable and well capitalized financial services corporation providing high quality correspondent services which facilitate the success and growth of our shareholders and clients. We are focused on serving the management and financial needs of community financial institutions in the United States.
SERVICE BEYOND COMPARISON
Our goal is to provide correspondent products and services at competitive pricing to help community bankers streamline their operations and build their business. We are able to meet this goal by achieving economies of scale and passing the savings on to our customers. Our commitment to the future of community banking is evidenced through our investments in technology and programs that allow us to deliver an ever-expanding range of services to you.
First National Bankers Bankshares, Inc. and all subsidiaries are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Employment Opportunity Posters If you’d like to view a copy of the company’s affirmative action plan or policy statement, please email HumanResources@bankers-bank.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact HumanResources@bankers-bank.com or 225-231-5001. This telephone line and email address is reserved for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, may not receive a response.
Company Website: www.bankers-bank.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)